3.07.2013

A love letter to Switzerland

Dear Switzerland,

I've never seen beauty like yours. I didn't know mountains could actually take the breath right out of me before I met you. The alps and their snowy peaks, the heavy fog that hung right outside our window in the mornings, the dark-stained wooden chalets that sprinkled the mountain. You are as close to a real-life snow globe as it gets. Filled with pine trees, chocolate, flannel and snow...swoon.

I don't want to jump the gun, but I think we might be soulmates.




You have a charm I can't quite put my finger on. Everything about you is just so effortless and lovely, and it seems that you have everyone else under the same kind of spell. During our short stay, we met so many people who came for a few days and stayed for a few weeks--a few months even. Believe me, if I didn't have this school thing going on, I would seriously consider spending the rest of my semester with you.



Your adventurous spirit inspired me, and considering all the rock-climbers, skiers and hikers, you must have that effect on a lot of people. Seeing your beauty made me want to take a stab at being brave, which is I guess what translated into my jumping off the side of a cliff. When the whole paragliding thing kind of fell into our lap, I knew I had to see you from the sky. Running down that hill and into the air is about as close to flying as I'll probably ever get, and experiencing you from those heights made me jealous of the birds, but also thankful for the fact that I don't have wings because I probably wouldn't ever come down. Or fly south for the winter or whatever.

Just know that you are such an incredible picture of our God's creativity. Everything about you pointed me back to Him.






Don't worry, I'll be back soon.

Love and eskimo kisses,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment